I decided to go through and update this post that I made in early 2019, just to see what I did and didn’t accomplish. It ain’t pretty folks. My updated responses are in this purple font as a sub-bullet point.
Some of my friends at work were talking about this ’19 in 2019′ thing, and since i’m a snoop, I barged in asking questions.
Basically, it’s a list of goals and things you want to accomplish in 2019.
Some of mine are measurable, others are not.
Do what works for you, I always say.
- Study french once a week
- Did not do this
- Read 20 books
- I didn’t keep track, but I probably did. I read a lot anyways.
- When possible, post 3 times a week (that’s right, you’re gonna hear from me a whole lot more!)
- Hahahahahahaaha. Nope. This didn’t happen either.
- Run one day a week
- Or this.
- Send two cards/letters by snail mail every month
- Or this.
- Write one chapter of my book
- Ugh. Or this either.
- Make the bed everyday
- You know…I probably did actually do this!! Success!
- Bod Pod
- No, but I messaged the gym already this year. Just need to set up a date to go in and get it done. Better late than never, right?
- Organize (and decorate, if I can) my closet
- It didn’t really get decorated, but I did re-organize it
- Drink 64 oz of water (minimum) per day
- Fit into a size 6 by the end of 2019
- Try 16.
- Be down to 150 pounds by late March
- Oh lord.
- Change the sheets (at least) once a month
- Don’t use the word ‘Sorry’ for one week (even if it is my fault, find another word)
- ……. Maybe?
- No soda except for special occasions
- Pssshhh.. That’s what I’m kind of trying to do this year.
- No technology after 8 p.m. during the week (except phone calls and texts)
- I did this for about a week.
- Knit a scarf with the yarn I’ve had for a couple years
- That yarn is now just string that we use around the house.
- Stop biting my fingernails
- That happened off and on. So I’m counting it as a win.
- and for the big one……….No spending for a year.
- Oh sweet baby Jesus. We tried. We really did. For a couple months. We did keep superfluous spending down though, so it could have been way worse!
As you can see, 2019 was a very successful year for me. 🙂
That’s right. Justin and I agreed to no extra spending in 2019. Food and necessities only.
It’s going to be very interesting.
In my mind I feel like I don’t spend a lot of money on extra stuff, but I guess we will really find out.
I’m curious to see how much of our debt we can knock out doing this.
I’ll keep you all updated as time goes on.
Wish me luck!