I turned 30 in March!
I’ve been thinking a lot about that day for the past year.
What I want my 30’s to be like, what I want to do, how this will impact the rest of my left, etc.
The past couple years have really been about trying to lose weight, get fit, only eat good foods, exercise more, blah blah blah.
But now that it’s actually here, I have a different list in mind.
So here it is.
The 10 items I want to spend the next year focusing on.
- Family. A cousin of mine died the weekend before my birthday, before he even turned 60. Helps put things into perspective. Family is incredibly important, and I want to make sure they know that.
- Friends. Having fun and spending time with my true friends.
- Health. I’m going to start figuring out my stupid hypothyroid and what I should do to take better care of my body.
- Fitness. I do still want to lose weight. I want to be fit, and to wear whatever I want. However, I’m not going to obsessively think about it. I do plan on trying to make it to the gym about 6 days a week, especially since it is now on my way home from work. I need to start showing my body more love. It’s what keeps me alive, I need to appreciate it more.
- My Appearance. I kind of haven’t really cared how I look the last couple years. That’s also going to change. It doesn’t have to be all the time, and go crazy obsessed with my looks…but I do want to start putting more effort into my appearance.
- My Blog. I just started a new position at work in January, and the last couple months I’ve been focused on that. Now, I finally feel ready to start blogging again. And I plan on throwing everything I’ve got at it.
- Fun. I want to start having more fun! I mean, my life is pretty great, but…it could always be more entertaining.
- Going Off the Grid. I plan on disconnecting my electronics more often. I’m pretty attached to my phone all the time, especially on the weekends. Pretty soon, I’m just going to start leaving it in one location and only pick it up if it goes off.
- Breaking the Rules. That’s right. I’m looking at you #10. (Because there isn’t a #10 and I told you there would be). Man, I’m such a rebel 😉
And now for the cliche…..
This is going to be the best year yet!
♥ The Rural Rebel.