Monday marks our two year wedding anniversary.
I have learned so very much over the past couple years.
- Marriage isn’t easy. Period. End of story.
- It isn’t easy, but it is absolutely worth it.
- I do miss the relaxed days of being single, but I wouldn’t give this up for anything. I never went through to painful dating phase. But I do miss the days of eating popcorn for dinner, making plans without checking with someone else first, things like that.
- I have never felt more comfortable in my own life before. I am completely and 100% myself. It feels so amazing to just let me freak flag fly.
- We have the most bizarre conversations, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Those might be some of my favorite moments, when we discuss the most absurd situations as a serious matter.
- As in our vows, I always love him, but sweet Jesus, there are days when I really do not like him.
- We got married 6 months after meeting, so I am still learning things about him, and myself. I hope that doesn’t change anytime soon.
Here is to year 3!